Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Nerd Watch: E3 2013 Special


Well the 2013 E3 is here and as was prophesied by the old gypsy woman, every man, woman, dog, cat and unicorn has an opinion. We here at The World of Disgruntled Monkey are no different and boy do I have a lot of opinions. However we also try to make this place free from the fanboy bias that is ever present on the internet so I'm going to show one thing on the whole Sony vs Microsoft thing and then move ahead and look at the games that really interested me.


inFamous: Second Son

I'm a huge inFamous fan and was already looking forward to this game. Seeing the trailers and gameplay i'm all over this. It looks so beautiful. FEAR THE FLYING SMIRK BOMB!


Kingdom Hearts 3

To me there's always been something magical about the games of Kingdom Hearts. It's like i'm in the adventure I always dreamed of when I was a kid. 


The Division

I never thought I would say this about a Tom Clancy product but this looks pretty sweet. The combat and strategic elements look right up my alley.

Trailer
Gameplay

The Order: 1886

No gameplay footage is out yet but I can't help but be intrigued. The trailer shows Victorian Age England, Monsters and a massive amount of Steampunk. This was a pleasant surprise.

Trailer

There are other games out there that caught my eye, Dead Rising 3, Destiny, Elder Scrolls: Online and Saints Row 4 to name a few more. But to go through them all would extend this post a bit longer than intended. Overall this E3 was one of excitement. It has been a while since i've been this excited for consoles. From the games shown, to the smack down that Sony gave to Microsoft, my emotions are invested and that makes this E3 a huge success for myself. If you want more info, i've got links to some gaming sites that are covering all that is E3.

Destructoid
Kotaku
Joystiq

No comments:

Post a Comment