Sunday, May 29, 2011

Comic Picks of the Week #4

Yes it’s back but slightly retooled. Since I was a little kid I’ve been watching movie’s and been giving my thoughts on them. I use to write reviews for the school paper. But reviewing comics is a new thing for me, and I haven’t been happy with the last lot of reviews I’ve done. I don’t think I developed a keen enough eye for the art mainly. So I’m now going to pick out a few of the comics from my pull list each weeks and do a brief, I thought this was cool paragraph.

Also I don’t think this should be a one way street. I want some suggestions from people out there. What did you think was the best of the week? What series do you think I should jump on? Trust me, my local comic book store will thank you. So without further ado, let’s get to this weeks picks.

Uncanny X-Men #537: I jumped onto this series with the previous story arc, so Breakworld is new to me. The biggest compliment I can think of is that this story arc has intrigued me even though I don’t know the entire back story. I’m finding the characters really well realised. Also being an old X-Men fan, it’s nice to see Colossus and Kitty Pride take centre stage. Gillen is a great writer and I can’t wait to see where this is going.





Green Lantern Emerald Warrious #10: I’m a Guy Gardner fan, and it was great to see him take a pivotal spot in the story while in the thick of things with Hal, Kyle and Jon. I’ve heard rumblings on the internet that people have been turning away from Green Lantern over this War of the Green Lanterns story, but I’m not really sure why. It’s fun, has some great character moments, and I’ve like the Green Lanterns having to resort to the other colour lanterns.





Xombi #3: Yep I’m still loving this series and this issue we get a pretty decent fight. Also the villain is finally revealed a little, so I’m beginning to understand the threat level Xombi is facing. However the cards are still not all revealed, so I can’t wait to see where it’s heading. There is also a great pace starting to be developed as the hero’s seem on the back foot for most of this comic.

No comments:

Post a Comment