Friday, July 2, 2010

The Half Way Point

So i'm looking back at what 2010 has had to offer so far, and boy howdy has it been lean. Thanks to Flickchart i'm going to list what my top ten looks like at the moment.
  1. Shutter Island
  2. Iron Man 2
  3. The Book of Eli
  4. The A-Team
  5. Kick-Ass
  6. Daybreakers
  7. Green Zone
  8. The Losers
  9. The Wolfman
  10. Cop Out
Honestly this is a pretty pathetic list. 7 and below shouldn't be anywhere on my list yet I haven't been interested in that many movies. I'm sure when I see Toy Story 3 and Inception those two will at least change the look but man am I being let down this year.

With remakes, pointless 3D and ticket prices going up, i'm just getting sick and tired of what is being offered my way. Do we really need a 4th Shrek movie? Or even a remake of a Nightmare on Elm Street? I'm not saying these movies are bad but there does seem to be a real brain drain happening this year.

If I was to be really honest there is only one movie on the top 10 that blew me away. This would be my number 1 Shutter Island. I hope the next half of this year offers me some more interesting movies cause i'm getting tired of not being excited to go to the cinema. But then again I can't complain too much because there are still plenty classics out there I still haven't watched.

1 comment:

  1. It could be worse... you could have seen The Last Airbender - that reminds me... you totally have to be in for that MST session ;)

    ReplyDelete